Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Department of State Decision

Drum roll... On monday, both Adam and I saw that the Department of State issued their recommendation not to approve the waiver of the 2-year home residency requirement. It is a very disappointing and unfair decision for a lot of people. At the same time, it is somewhat liberating to be done with the uncertainty of the "will they or will they not" decision. From now on, we are counting the 18 months until I am able to return to the U.S. (that is how much I have left from the 2 years). Adam had filed his paperwork and this should allow PLENTY of time for the USCIS (former INS) to process it. In other words, don't be sad and get busy planning a fun "welcome back" party for the Spring of 2010!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you KIDDING me?! I am so mad. Don't even tell me not to be. (lol!). I'm going to have to have my husband write a nastygram to someone. Grrrr.